TIPS ON ITALY
Top five questions that you want to be sure to be able to ask when visiting Italy:
- Dov’e’ il bagno? = Where is the bathroom? You can substitute words like ATM or museum (museo).
- Mi scusi, mi puo aiutare? = Can you help me? This is a good way to approach someone that you intend to ask about directions.
- Quanto costa? = How much does it cost? Nice when ordering a bottle of wine or purchasing something in a store.
- Che cosa mi consiglia? = What do you recommend? It is often worthwhile to ask this of your waiter or waitress.
- C’e’ un centro commerciale nelle vicinanze? Is there a shopping center nearby? You can substitute words like pharmacy (farmacia), restaurant (ristorante).
I find these to be good questions to carry on a piece of paper in your pocket as they can each be adapted to cover a variety of uses.