The Dante Alighieri Society of Denver established a scholarship program in 1985 to assist college students attending an institution in the Denver metropolitan area or in northeastern Colorado, in advancing their study of the Italian language and culture through study-abroad programs in Italy. These are one-time, non-renewable awards.
All documentation as noted must be rsubmitted electronically and must be received no later than Saturday April 1, 2023.
Winners will be notified by Saturday April 15, 2023. Scholarships will be awarded at the Society's Annual Awards Luncheon on Sunday May 7th, 2023, (Location to be announced). Winners must be present to receive their award.
Selection of Winners
Will be made based on the quality of their essay, prior studies of the Italian language, academic performance (GPA), quality of their proposed study-abroad program, non-academic activities, and letters of recommendation.
To be awarded a scholarship
The student must be accepted in an established study-abroad program in Italy and successfully submit the following by Saturday April 1, 2023:
- The completed application form
- A one-page, typed essay about yourself and your goals indicating how this award will help further your appreciation of the Italian culture
- A detailed description of your study-abroad program as well as a letter of acceptance to the program
The following items are required but must be submitted directly as indicated.
- An official college transcript, emailed to:
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must come from an Italian language instructor, emailed to: